It’s the second week of December! Which means that I’m now definitely behind on my Christmas gifting!
We’ve been busy behind the scenes around here planning and sewing for a wintery photoshoot that took place yesterday morning. We’re looking forward to sharing those pics with you soon, but in the meantime, here’s what I’ve been daydreaming about while I procrastinate on my Christmas projects.
1. Melissa’s Marigold Dress is calling my name. Wouldn’t it be super fun in a homespun plaid for wintertime? Leggings? Boots with legwarmer cuffs? I think so. Perhaps in something like this denim blue homespun from Jubliee Fabrics?
2. It seems like everybody and their brother (sister?) is making the Lane Raglan from Hey June, but there’s a reason for that, right? I’m thinking two versions – one t-shirt weight knit in a floral with contrasting sleeves to combat the winter blues and another in a loopy French terry sweatshirt weight for cozying up with a cup of tea. I’m digging the elephants hidden in this print from Near Sea Naturals. Maybe with coral thermal sleeves? Something like this pretty plum French terry, I think.
3. Sewaholic’s Thurlow Trousers seem super versatile to me. My first thought was corduroy (my head says brown or grey, my heart says kelly green), but I’m a jeans girl for sure and I think a pair of dark denim trousers would be kinda great.
4. In the spirit of “put something on your list you’ve already done so you can cross it off right away”, I made a Weekend Rambler Skirt in a great medium brown tweed that I wore yesterday and totally love. It could go full-on classic librarian with some sensible shoes and a twinset, but I wore it with my old, bright stripey wool sweater and combat boots for a funkier look. (We photographed my sister wearing it during the photoshoot with less rebellious boots, so we’ll show you that look as soon as the pics are edited.)
5. Like the Lane Raglan, the Grainline Archer is making the rounds, but again, it’s because it’s great. I’m possibly the last person in the world to have made one, so I am feeling the need to get on it. I’m leaning toward a neutral to wear with my
kelly green sensible brown or grey corduroys, but I am also really enamored with the plaid sample on the website and I have no control when it comes to shirting fabric, so….
6. And, finally, I experimented this week with making the Market Day Tunic into a dress and the result is kind of awesome. I will have photos and a tutorial soon, but in the meantime, I want one in all of the colors. All of them.
What’s on your sewing list these days?