all through the holidays i was thinking about what i was going to sew in the new year. i thought about it at work, i thought about it while cleaning, i thought about it before drifting off to sleep at night. but i didn’t DO anything about it.
step 1: make a list
i finally sat down in the studio and took a good look around. there were patterns…there was fabric. all i needed was a plan. i really feel like i need to use some of the fabric i have on hand instead of
hoarding saving it…so that’s where i started.
and here’s the short list of personal sewing for the remainder of the winter months.
- summer jazz dress – amy purchased a beautiful knit a long time ago…it’s 1st on the list
- finlayson sweater by thread theory – i have a great french terry i picked up in nyc and i think i’ll follow her sew-along (missed it in real time!)
- marianne by christine haynes – i have the knit and it’s been here for a while
- backpack – yes, i’m too old to carry a backpack, but i want one and you can’t stop me!
- amy butler’s original messenger bag – my sister has been eyeing mine for months…better make her one before mine disappears
- both the jade jacket and the willow tunic by kay whitt – the jade definitely will require a fabric purchase (silk!!), but i can find something in the stash for the willow
- birkin flares by baste and gather – i fell in love with them at first sight…and so admire all the testers for photographing their butts! i just need the perfect denim…suggestions? i’m sort of waiting for her sew-along for these, but don’t plan to wait tooooo long.
that should keep me busy for a while, along with regular studio work (continuing development of a new pattern!!) and some fun projects for the blog (new cushion for the wicker chair?)
step 1 – check!! step 2: get to it!!
what’s on your cutting table at the moment?